818 East Shore Dr.
pre 1834 The United States of America received title to all Indian Lands from Virginia
by act of the General Assembly 12/20/1783 and by deed-signed by Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe
and others 3/1/1784. Indiana occupied the land by treaties. Upon extinction of the treaties the land
was surveyed from December 1833 to September 1834.
||The 1835 map which is the original survey of the area shows that Section 22 was a part of the
land set aside for the Indian reservations.|
|This is section 22 today and the bright blue is 814 E. Shore.
George & Catherine Peeples
||The 1876 plat map of the area and Showing G. Peoples as owner of 37 acres of land |
|the 1880 map listed as George Peeples and owning
35.5 acres thus he had sold off 1.5 acres beween 1876 and 1880
One says Henry Schnaull was owner of the property but all plat maps show C. or Clements Vonnegut. The only thread
of truth in this is this
The Schnull daughters - were established on the east side of the lake by their - father, as quoted by "Catey" Catherine Matilda
...a relative, great-grandfather, Henry Schnull had established his three daughters - Emma, Nannie, and Julia, in cottages on the
East Shore which became famous for their tennis court about 1904. One of these, called "Hilarity Hill", is where eleven little
Vonnegut - Mueller - Schnull cousins grew-up
Emma Schnull married Clemens Vonnegut
Nanette Schnull married Bernard Vonnegut
Julia W. Schnull married George J. Mueller
. & Emma (Schnull) Vonnegut
Clement paid $1200.00 recorded in Deed Book 42 to Clemens Vonnegut Jr. from George and
Catherine E. Peeples and the home was as built about 1889/1890.
|1898 - Shows C. Vonnegut as owner of this parcel and that George Peoples
still owning considerable acreage and one lake lot in between P. O. Vonnegut and C. Vonnegut
||A view of the area in 1908.|
1908, July 8 - George & Catherine E. Peoples to Clemens Vonnegut Jr., Bernard Vonnegut Jr.,
and J. George Mueller
1952-61 - William Kerfoot Stewart
the family of W. K. Stewart
1979 - Mrs.
Jean Ward Woolett
1981-3 - Donald & Kay Muehlhausen (Muehlhausen Family
He was CEO of the family company which manufactured springs and Kay was an EMT during
the late 1970's and early 1980's with Culver -Union Township Ambulance Serivce.
||The property was subdived into to lots Muehlhausen Minor Sub Lot 1 to the north which is
814 E. Shore and to the south Muehlhausen Minor Sub Lot 2|
Mar. 1985 - C. Nicholas & Judith L.
1985-6 - address not listed in lake directory - built 1986
1987 - Thomas (D.D.S.) and Barbara Pugh
They had house built. Tom under the guidance of David Burns' instruction while doing it laid the stone wall himself.
For not being stone mason or mason of any type Tom done a good job of the project.
1989-Feb. 1998 - Theodore Jr.
& Catherine P. Hrycak
||Feb. 1998 - 2020 - Catherine P. Hrycak/Trustee|
MUELHAUSEN LOT 1 MINOR SUB S4'
MUEHLHAUSEN MINOR SUB LOT 2