2324 E. Shore Lane
|Section 27 - 264.35 acres -
Aub-be-naub-ee's Reservation - a part of
Section 27 Lot 1 - 49.70A
Section 27 Lot 2 - 34.31A
Sect 27 Lot 3 _.31A
Section 27 Lot 4 - 40A
of Jefferson county, Indiana on 30 June 1837 was issued the
the East half
of Section twenty; Fractional Section of Twenty One; Fractional Section of Twenty
Seven and Fractional section of Twenty eight containing 793 32/100 acres.
||1872 - Section 27
L. T. VanSchoiack Lot 1 - 49.70A (Res. & Barn noted)
L. T. VanSchoiack Lot 2 - 60.10A; also 120A non lake front
F. Edwards - 70.30A (Res. & Barn noted)
J. Bozarth 68.40A
L Foss 40 A non lake front
|| 1880 - L. T. Van Shoiack [Louden T. Van Shoiak] 105.80.
The Van Schoiack Farmhouse is incorporated in the present
Part of the Van Schoiack farm was subdivided as
"Sea Beach Place"|
|This is map is given as being 1898 BUT I believe because of the section of the
it is a MUCH LATER date at least AFTER 1908 as the farm land is labeled
J. T. Vanshoiak; and the lake front property has been sub-divided off and sold By this a
J. T. Vanshoiak had: 45.70 +59.98 +80.00 = 185.68 in 1911 the Vanschoiak farm of 207 was
to be sold a 21.32 is unaccounted for for is the Vanschoiak subdivisions/additions to the lake
19__- 1923 W. T. Parrish
This was just a fishing shack - which they had purchased to used as a fishing base. It seems
that as the story goes that on the damp rainy days they did not do much fishing - but
probably played poker and drank moonshine. It is said that their wives found out and they
were instructed to dispose of the property immediately. That is where W. O. 'Will' Osborn
who was in real estate then called Donaldson Trone and told him of the property.
1923 - 1927 - Donaldson Trone.
The Trone Cottage at 2324 East Shore Lane was only a few years old when it was purchased in
1923 by Donaldson G. Trone. The cottage is a one-and-a-half story, Bungalow style dwelling with
a side gable roof and clapboard siding. There is a shed roof dormer on the front. Windows are
double hung with multi-light, wood sash. A front porch which extends the width of the main
facade has been enclosed.
1928 - May 7 - Irene Bogardus, Tryustee, WD to Donaldson G. and Mary Almeda Trone, Lot
16, Van Shoiack's Lake Front Sub., Lots 3 and 2 in 27-32-1 $1.00
1927-1989 - Donaldson G.
'Don' & Almeda (Daum) Trone
1932, Jaunary 5 - Relocation of East Shore Lane.
H. H. Rice and Edith B. Rice bought farm land from Marvin T, Loudon
and Clara L. Loudon which was evetually used to relocate East Shore
Lane and give Rice Woods to the East Shore Lane Association, dated
October 4,1927. Subsequenly, Rice by quit claim deed acquired all
the properties in the attached plat, on January 5, 1932, recorded
the plat on the same date. Rice then by quit claim reconveyed the
properties to their original owners
Trone - owned the property as noted on the plat map; the second is
annotaed with current addresses.
1958 Lake Directory - Donaldson G. Trone - 2324 East Shore Lace, Culver.
|?- May 1994 - Peter D. Trone
May 1994 - 2019 -
Peter D. & Beverly J. Trone
||The old existing cottage and garage was razed in 2001 and a new dwellling with
attached garage and a boathouse was constructed.
VAN SCHOIACK SUB 3 LOT 16
RICE SUB 2 LOT 7