Lake Maxinkuckee Its Intrigue History & Genealogy Culver, Marshall, Indiana

110 S. Main Street aka 112 S. Main  



NOTE: This page needs to be totaly re-worked.

Note: clicking some images may bring a larger to view.

The current address is 110 S. main; but in past years since it was a double store front - it bore the addres of 110 for the North Side and 112 for the south side; and the basement was also used as a business area. .

The basement was in use as a business enity also along with the upstairs being apparments

Also over the years the address numbers have varies as to add confusion as to the location.

pre 1896 - It has or had been thought of the location of Nussbaum, Mayer & Co or one of the locations as it is mentioned elsewhere Nussbaum owned property in the Lake Shore Drive buisness district.

    By this they possibly moved to Plymouth and was the foreunner of Lauer Clothing there
      Notice. - All parties indebted to the late firm of Nussbaum & Myers, must call and settle at once, or claims will be sued. L . M. Lauer, Plymouth, Ind. - Dec 1, 1899


1896, Nov. 20, 27 - Nussbaum, Mayer & Co, has store room for rent. Enquire of Sigmond Mayer Plymouth, Ind.

1896 Dec 4 - R . W. Roberts, the hardware man, has moved his hardware from the Cromley building into the building formerly occupied by Nussbaum, Mayer & Co. This will give him first-class quarters to transact business in

1896 - Dec 25 - Wm. Foss has moved his shoe repairing shop over the old store formerly occupied by Nussbaum, Mayer & Co. Be sure and remember the place. - 25 Dec. 1896
    He was formerly located in the basement of 107 S. Main Street -

      Wm. Foss has opened a shoe repair shop in the "0 . K ." barber shop in the basement of the Osborn Block. He will also make boots and shoes if any one desires first class hand made articles. It is not necessary for us to eulogise upon his capabilities for his his skill as a workman is - well known. - 18 Sep 1896

      Wm. Foss is now permanently located in the "0. K."Barber Shop, Osborn Block, and is prepared, in a skillful and workmanlike manner, to repair boots and shoes in the most approved style. Not only will he satisfy you by guaranteeing his work, but he will do the same at prices to compare favorably with the hard times. Do not be mistaken, if you desire to save hard cash, give him a call. He will als make you a pair of shoes or boots that will outwear any store shoe or boots in the county - 2 Oct 1896

      Wm. Foss, the experienced shoe man, who is located in the "0. K."barber shop, is doing a rushing business. His work is alright, and the shoes made to order by him will last as long as any hand made shoe in the market. Repairing neatly, cheaply and satisfactorily done. Don't forget the location "0. K." barber shop, Osborn block. - Nov 1896

      1896, Dec-1913, Sep - Wm. Foss & Son - Shoe Repair, Harness & Horse

      1913 - sep 25 - D. H. Smith has purchased William Foss' harness shop and shoe repairing business.



1897 - Mar 26 - 1897 Businesses In Poetry
SPRING SPRINGLETS.
BY OUR HOOZIER POET

...

In the old Nussbaum building, the one with the outside stair. Up in the second story you’ll find a cobbler there; If you shoes are leaky and want the fixed up “boss” Don’t forget to take them to Mr. William Foss


1897 Apr. 9 - Today (Friday) Nathaniel Gandy will open and be ready for business. He his secure the barn near the old Nussbaum & Mayer store, and has fitted the same up with a first class livery outfit. He invites vou to call and see for yourselves - - When you need your shoes repaired don’t forget to call on Foss the shoemaker. If vou are thinking of getting a pair of shoes made, you will do well by calling on him and leaving your measure. He is sure to statisy you. You will find him upstairs in the old Nussbaum & Mayer building.

1897 - Jul 2 - By Philharmonic Club, at Nussbaum & Mayer Hall, Monday evening July 5th.

1898 - Apr. 29 - Mr. Samuel Medbourn is now the owner of the old Nussbaum & Mayer building. He will at once repair the same and place it in first-class condition for rent.

by the 1906 Sanborn map it was a General Store.


Pecher building



1908 - Mar 19 - Fannie Hessel to H. Pecher s30 feet lot 32 Houghton's add, Culver. $1000. (see full discription for building(s) today is: OP LOT 32 S27 & N3 OF S 30 / S27' OF LOT 32
HOUGHTONS CIRR & AMENDED PLOT KNOW AS OP)
    Henry Pecher had a sale of a portion of his household effects last Saturday. As soon as his building on Main Street is finished he and his wife will move into the four rear rooms - Apr. 9, 1908 . Before this was found


Removal - About May 15 I will remove to my new building where I Will keep a full stock of all kinds of metal work and will be prepared to attend promptly to all orders for town or county jobs. - May 7 1908

Henry Pecher will heat his new building with a furnace - Sep 10, 1908



Pecher's Tin SHop

1908, Sep 24 - Will Remove Oct 1 After Oct 1 I will move to Pecher's new building, first door north of the Culver Cash Hardware and will increase my stock. E. B. Sutherlin, Jeweler
    Removal - I have this day removed to the new Pecher building where I have a larger and brighter store and a new and larger stock. A cordial invitiation to the publice to call and see the stock. Sutherlin, the Jeweler. - Oct 1, 1908


1914 sanborn map labels it as Tin, Harness & Shoe Shop


1914 - Feb 16 - Henry Pecher has completed the second story apartments of his building and the family moved in this week. They have six nice comfortable rooms.

1914 - Jul 30 - D. H. Smith, the harness maker and shoe repairer, has rented the south half of the first floor int he Pecher building, and will probably move in this week. The will give him a fine location and more room for his growing business.
    Smith Shoe Repair & Harness Shop 1912-?- David H. Smith
      1912 - 22 sep - A early mason and Culvers 1st rural mail carrier retires to start a shoe and harness repair shop; 1st days receipts were $5. he was joined later by Cecil his son on Aug. 1 1922 and the harness repair was abandoned in 1926 - by the passing of 'Old Dobbin'

      1914 - Oct 15 - -D. H. Smith, the rural route carrier on 14 for many years, is really building up a wonderful business in the line of harness manufacturing and shoe repairing. He has recently added to his shop equipment a $400 electrical machine which does the work of four men in sewing on soles. It is the academy work that makes this possible.


1914 - Dec 31 - Smith's (the orginal) Shoe & Harness Shop (north of Hardware)


Emil Siepman building



1919 - Sep 3 - Henry Pecher has sold his tin shop to E. Siepman of Chicago,

1919


1922 - Sale of Business Property
    Emil Siepman has bought of Henry Pecher the two-story and basement frame building on Main street, occupied by Siepman as a tin shop and redidence. The price for the building] and lot was $4000. Mr Siepman is doing a prosperous business and he are glad to see him owning his own quarters.


1924 shows that it is divided into 2 store fronts and each are simply labeled as 'S'


1924- Sep 23 - Strang Barber Shop Moved Across Street -
    Sunday and Monday were busy day for Sam Strang and his co-workers when the barber shop was moved from it location in the D. H. Smiith Building (103 S Main) near Slattery and Shilling's (107 S. Main ), directly across the street to the Emil Siepman building (112 S. Main). The change has been completed and shaves are to be obtained to the tine "Rap-a-tap-tap, and tick-a-tack-to" of the Smith & Son Shoe Shop which retains the rear of the buiilind for the present. The building from which the barbers moved is being given an overhauling and will be occupied by D. H. Smith & Son. This move will be made in about two weeks. - 3 Sep 1924


1925 - Feb 4 - Siepman's Building Is Entirely Completed
    Emil Siepman has recently made a fine addition to his business building on Main Street, which makes his shop of the very finest and an industry of which the communtiy can be proud. The new room in the rear is fitted with all the latest devices for the modern tin and sheet metal shop. It is made especially good for the workshop by large windows along the entire south side of the room. The basement is used for a garage. Mr. Siepman's old workshop in the basement is now being used for a store room.


1926 - Jun 2 - John Milner Purchases Emil Siepman Tin Shop
    A business transaction has recently been completed whereby John M. Milner became the owner of the Emil Seipman tin shop. He will continue to do business in the same location and caters to former customers of Mr. Siepman. Mr. Milner is well and favorably known in Culver. He has been with Mr. Siepman in the tin and sheet metal work for a number of years and it is predicated that he will do a nice business in his new venture.


Of interest is found:
    Old Pump Factory - speaking of old things in the line of buildings, there was the pump factory that sat in front of what is now Milner's tin shop. Wooden pumps were made there. From about the location of the pump factory a canal used to lead to the lake...


1928 - Aug 1 - Emil Siepman opens Furniture Store
    Emil Siepman has opened another new business house for Culver, a furniture store, in the basement of his present store on Main Street. He will handle new and second hand furniture and will also have a repair department


Mikesell Building



1931 - Nov. 11 - Mikesell Trades Home for Siepman Business Building
    A business transaction was completed last week whereby Raymond R. Mikesell traded his home at the corner of Lake Shore Drive and State street for the Emil Siepman building on Main Street. Mr. Mikesel and Mr. Siepman expect to mover their househld goods this week, but Mr. Mikesell has no plans for the one half of the building now used by Mr. Siepman. The other half if occupied by Miss Alice Daily's Beauty Shop.


1932 - Mar 16 - See Culver Greenhouse display of Easter flowers in Mikesell Building 2nd door north of hardware. Opens Monday morning

1932 , May 18 - R. R. Mikesell to Open Grocery Store Saturday - Raymond R. Mikesell announces the opening of his grocery and meat market in his building on Main Stree. He will be open for busniness on Saturday

1932 - Sep 14 - Mikesell Sells Building to Miss Helen Wells - [Mrs. Frank Timmons]
    Miss Helen Well has purchased the Mikesell building on Main Street from Raymond Mikesell. Miss Wells plans to move her beauty shop from the Hayes Block into the room now occupied by Miss Alice Daily and will open a sandwich shop in the side where the Mikesell grocery is now located. The Mikesell stock of groceries is to be sold out at once, although the terms of sale call for possession by November 1. Miss Daily has made no plans for the future as yet.


Timmons Building



1932 - Oct 26 - Open New Restaurant
    A new resturant, "The Greene Lantern", was opened Friday by Frank Timmons in the room formerly occupied by the Mikesell Grovery, opposite the Home Theatre.

    The interior has been redecorated and a sode fountain counter and booths installed.

    Regular dinners are being serbed with special attention to attractive short ordes, sandwiches etc.


1933 - Aug 2 - Winamac Partners Buy Greene Lantern Cafe
    The Greene Lantern Cafe, formerly operated by Frank Timmons, has been purchased by Gross & Jefferies, of Winamac. The interior is being redecorated and the restaurant will open Sunday, August 6, with a special dinner. Regular meals will be served daily.


1933 - Aug 30 - Several Business Changes being
    Several changes in lcoal business are being made this week. Clarence Calhoun has maoved his Barbershop from the basement of the Timmons building to the north half of the first floor.

    Part of the same room and the entire rear of the building are being remolded to accommodate the recreation parlor to be opened about September 1 by Earl Eckman and Jess Crabb. They will serve lunches soft drinks in connection with the recreation room.

    Helen's Beatuy shop, in the saame building is also being enlarged.


1937 Sanborn map depicting the empty lot. You can see the postal address of 116/120 which is the hardware store which is now 120 S. Main and 110/114 which is now 112 S. Main. These Postal address were established in 1925.


1937 - Sep 1 - Gay Frock Shop
    Announcement


    We have purchased the dress shop of Mrs. M. C. Dimmick and on Wednesday, Sept. 1st, are reopening in Helen's Beauty Shop.

    We invite you to come in and inspect our line of Dresses, Hosiery, and Lingerie.

    Rebecca Jones - - -Helen Calhoun


    GAY FROCK SHOP



1947 - Jun 25 - Helen Wells and Frank C. Timmons to Frank E. and Emma Amond, south 27 feet lot 32, Houghton, also all interest in north 3 feet, south 30 feet, lot 32.

Amond Building 1947-197_



Frank Amond

    1947 December 17 – Two New Businesses To Open This Week
      Two new firms will make their bow to the public here this week...

      Richard Nitzschke of Winamac will open a barber shop in the basement of the Amond Building, which has an entrance next to The Grill, Friday, Dec. 19. He will be assisted by Elmer Galbraith, and both will be on duty at all times. - Citizen.


    1950 - Dr. R.C. Verhagen announces the opening of an office for the practice of optometry November 2 in the Amond Building South Main Street, Culver Practice at present will be limited to Thursday from 9 a. m. to 5 p. m. and Saturday from 6 p. m. to 9 p. m. Phone Knox office for evening appointments
      Regretfully announces that Ins Optomctric Practice which recently started in Culver must be discontinued until further notice due to a State ruling which prohibits practice of Optometry in two counties Announcement will be made in this paper regarding the resumption of his practice. - Nov. 20
? - 1958, Jan - Eileen's Dress Shop
    Eileen's Dress Shop Goes Out of Buisness

    The entire community was sorry to ohave Mrs. Eileen Dawson discontinue her fine little store known as Eileen's dress Shop. We wish her well in her future plans.

    The Trailsman sports store has moved in the space vacated by Mrs. dawson in the Amond Building on Main Street, giving up its former location across from the Town Park on Lake Shore Drive.


1958, Jan - ? Trailsman Sport's Store

1980 - The Antiqiuarian - Mary Ann McClelland


Mackey Building 1990s-?



    Evenutally both sides housed the antique store with a door that had been cut into the dividing wall when the 'Bear's End' was housed in the south portion; and later when the 'Bear's End' moved into 114 S. Main a door way was also cut into the dividing wall's; this door was again sealed to make a seperate building which houses Civies.


The Collectors - 1982-199_ - Ronalad Mackey & Ruth Mackey
    Originally started in the north store front - 110 S. Main and eventually expanded to the south store front
    Ruth was one of the original "Country Cousins" whose shop was across the street

    The late 1990's tho the back was connected together a doorway midway in the front shop area was cut out in order to enable customers to pass from one side of the shop to the other more conviently


The Collectors Ronalad & Ruth Mackey / Donald Mackey - 199_-2000

The Collectors Donald Mackey / Ruth Mackey- 2000-2011,Jun
    2011 - jun 16 - Collectors antique store and the Bear End closes after after this summer. Hoping to sell most of the inventory by end of Summer it has been marked down to 50% off; Don plans to open duiring the Christmas season and summer months but is hoping to rent out the two store fronts starting 2012 but untill rented out he will open during the summer season.


North 110 S. Main

1930's - ? Sandwich Shop 1930's Thelma & Bob Hodges
    This may be the wrong location - but taking a hunch and that there was not to many eating establishments on Main Street back then -

    Thelma Lilly (Hodges) Moorehead says her parents ran it for 2-3 years or a little longer that they opened it up after their marriage in 1930 .

    Bob ran the register, Thelma done the cooking and dish washing.

    One day she had to run it for while in the early morning by herself & when one of the men paid he said "Thank you madam, this good meal" - "madam" then was a woman who had a house of ill repute and Thelma took offense - when Bob came in she told him of the incident and he done nothing about as a result Thelma took off her apron put it on the counter and walked out.

    Bob was not going to wash dishes and leave the his job behind the cash register - thus ended the sandwich shop.


19__ The Grill
    Al Graham, with The Maxinkuckee Inn for many years, has purchased The Grill from Mrs. Frank Timmons.

    The Grille 1945 - Goss's
      1945 - nov. 21 - Mr. and Mrs. Charles Goss of South Bend purchased The Grill from Mrs. Lora Pfulgshaupt


    The Grille 1947-? October Don Priest
      1947 October 8 - Don Priest has purchased The Grill and has closed the place for a few days for remodeling. Mr. Priest is experienced in the restaurant business, having successfully operated the restaurant at the Marshall County Community Sale, north of Plymouth, for sometime.

      1947 - November 5 - Grill to open tomorrow after remodeling

      1948, Oct 13 - Paul "Dutch" and Carolyn Yeagley
      1949 Aug 3 - Gas Stove Explodes
        A gas stove exploded at the Culver Grill early Sunday morning, inflicted minor facial burns on Mrs. "Dutch" Yeagley. The accident occerred before the Grill had opened for business. A hair net worn by Mrs. Yeagley, is thought to have saved her from more sevre burns.


      1950 - Aug 9 - Announce Purchase of Grill
        Al Graham, verteran Culver chef and restaurant man, and Mrs. Graham, have purcahsed The Grill from Mr. and Mrs. Paul Yeagley. The transfer of ownership was effected last Wednesday.

        The new owner has been associated with restaurant business for more than 30 years.

        Mr. and Mrs. Yeagley, fromer owners, have not announced their plans for the future.


      The Grille 1950-1954 - Elbert Graham
        1954 - August 8 - The Miller Grocery Store on South Obispo St., owned and operated for the past three years by Donald Miller, has been sold to Elbert Graham. He recently sold The Grill to Mrs. Mildred Ditmire and Mrs. Isabel Kerr.

        1955 - Mar 9 - Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Dillard and Mrs. Laura Pflughaupt of Argos have purchased The Grill from Al Graham.


      1954 - 195? - Mildred Ditmire and Isabel Kerr
        1955 - Jul 6 - Mrs. Isobel Kerr has sold her half-interest in The Grill on Main Street to Ellis Licht.

        Jean (Ditmire) Triplet wrote "I remember the fire (Culver Hardware). Mom owned The Grille, probably with your mother (Perry White) or Ellis Licht at the time and we lived in the apartment behind the restaurant. About 3 doors north of the hardware. I am guessing late 50's."


      The Grille 195? -1959 - Mildred Ditmire & Marcella White
        1959 - Apr - 15 - Now employed at The Grill - Mrs. June Calhoun of Delong and Miss Norma Friebe of Ora are now emploed at the Three, Culver's popular Main Street restauteant. Both have been praised fo ther fine "service with a smile" by the "two Sisters" patrons.

        It has been recently stated that the "Grille" remained here until December 1959.

        The ad states "across from the Culver Clothiers"


      Gold Coast Industries - 1961, Oct - ? Edward F. Amond & Frank Amond by an ad the address was 110 S. Main but...
      By a sign in the window which is the north side indicates this was used for office and the basement was for assembly, storage and repair


    Culver School Sup. office, 1963 -
      Frank Mclane is elsecred to fill the position of Superintendent of the new Culver school unit - 16 january 1963

      Mrs. Nola Unruh is hired as secretary fro the new Culver Community school unit...Culver Community school Corporation will hav office at 110 South Main St in Culver 23 Jan 1963

      I remember that Mrs. Margaret Jewel Weaver was the Secretary/receptionist during this period she later went on to be a certified teacher for the school corportation.


    Sytsma Appliance Annex 196_-1980's main store acroos the street at 115 S . Main
      When the Culver School coportation vactaed their section and moved to the ohio street location (the Dr. Powers clinic building) Al Sysma took over occupancy and used it as an annex for his appliances - TV's, refigrators, freezers, washers & dryers.


    The Collectors Mackey's Antiques & Bears End Shop - Ronald R & Ruth Mackey - June 1982 - 2011
      They started business out in the this the north section until Mary's Shoppe was closed time in the early 1990's for a brief time.


    2021 - Feb - Scotty's On Main - Jean & Scott King
      Opened March 5


    South - 112 Main

    Note the Baber pole on the south side of the building - could there have been 2 barber shops in the same building - references made was to it being in the basement of the building.


    Helen Timmons & husband Frank Beauty Shop.  

    1958, March-19_ - Wallpaper shop - Helene Boots
      1958 - March 19 - Mrs. Helene Boots opens paint and wallpaper store at 110 South Main Street


    Amond Building - Frank & Emma Amond

    Marietta's Beauty Shop 1948-1965 Marietta Wilson
      1948 - Nov. 24 - Opens Beauty Shop - Mrs. Marietta (Shaw) WIlson has opened a beauty shop on South Main street next to the Grill. The new business is known as "Marietta's Beauty Shop"
        For Rent - Furnished 2-room Aot., living room and bedroom Downtown over Marieta's Beauty Shop. Inquire at 203 So. Main St. - Jun 29 1949.


      Since we are moving to California in the near future i have sold Marietta's Beauty Shop to Isobels of Argos. Her operators, Margo Fox, Linda Knepper, and Charmtaine Miller, will continue the business in the Trone Building after Feb. 1. I want to thank all my patrons for their long and faithful business Jan. 28, 1965


    unknown which side -
    1950, Oct.-? Chapter's Fur Service
      1950 Oct 25 - Culver 's newset Busiiniss Chapter's Fur Service opend for business last week in the Amond Building on South Main Street


    Village Beauty Shoppe 1963
      1963 - The Village Beaty shope Wishes to Announce Their new Location at 112 south Main Street in Culver beginning Tuesday jan. 15 we offer complete beauty service Hours: 8 .A.M. to 3 P.M. - Mondays through Saturdays Evenings by Appointment Martha l.owry, Operator Phyllis Zehner, Owner-Operator Your Beauty Number is VIking 2-3511


    Beauty Shoppe - Phyllis Zehner 1966 -
      This ad found in the Aptil 1966 Issue of the Culver citizen states "Introductin... Mis Betty Jenkins and Mrs. Phyllis zehner Owner
    1974 -Village Beauty Shoppe Shawnne Overmyer - Owner

    questionable / empty 

    Mary's Shoppe Mary Tanguy - 15 April 1984-2000
      A variety of unique gifts and needlework supplies. Mary attends gift shows in Dallas, Chicago, and Washington D.C. The shop contains gifts for children; cards & stationary; decorative accessories made in the United States and imported from Europe and the Orient. As well as special handcrafted items by Indiana artists. "A World of Serendipity"

      She closed down sometime between 1991-1993; and then came back and re-opened the shop for a brief time at 114 S. Main before building their own building at 101 S. Main.


    The Collectors & Bear Shop Annex - Ron & Ruth Mackey ? - ?
      Tho the back was connected together a doorway midway in the front shop area was cut out in order to enable customers to pass from one side of the shop to the other more conviently


    2023 - Legacy Salon & Spa - owener - Angie Maroules

    2020 - Moved from 214 N Main . "The Lakes" magazine says Angie Maroules is now the owner of the building; she bought Michelle's Headquarters on Jan 1, 2018 and re-named it "Legacy Salon & Spa "

    2023 - Moved to 110-112 S Main.


Basement

    Ewing's Barber Shop - 1940's - basement Ted Ewing

    1947 December 17 - Richard Nitzchke to operate barber shop in the Amond building.

    Davis' Barber Shop - ? - 1961 - basement Bill Davis
      Moved to the north into the north portion of the wickizer building.


    Gold Coast Industries, 1961 Jun-19_-
      Assembly and Storage rooms


    ? - Mar 2002 - Mackey's Workshop in basement accessed from Alley


Upstairs.
    3 Apartments uptairs remodeled 2002-2003

Has sat empty since clsoing of the Collectors - - Donald D Mackey


2014 - renovation work had been in progress during the fall for redesigned as a working studio and shop.

2014 - Nov - IT’S YOU! - Jan Peyser, owner and silversmith jeweler, Jan Peyser Jewelry, LLC; building owner Donald D Mackey
    Gallery & Studio - separated from the gallery by long drapes, grand opening event Nov. 7, 8, and 9.
      Peyser has been an artist since childhood, though her path was diverted along the way to raise her children and teach high school English and drama in southern Indiana for twelve years before moving to Culver, where she taught English and coached public speaking for nine years.

      Then, during the summer after her fifteenth year of teaching, she took a course in silversmithing at the Mendocino Art Center in California.

      Peyser immediately recognized it was time to pursue her dream, and, six years later, she left teaching and went on the road to participate in nationwide art shows for two years. During those years on the road, customers were enchanted by the distinctive designs and purchased her jewelry, calling it “captivating,” and “inspired.”

      Exhilarated and exhausted, Peyser folded up her tent for the last time and spent one year thinking about and discussing ideas with her husband, author Ray Gleason.

      Eventually, Peyser ventured into the world of retail with two shops on the Lake Michigan shoreline. There she gained valuable experience managing a shop, working with customers, carefully choosing and carrying other artists’ collections, and learning she absolutely loved having a shop focused on exquisite works of art.

      Peyser - author of "The Opera Cat" - An Urban Fairy Tale for Adults and Children


      Owner, Designer, Artist of Jan Peyser Jewelry, LLC (Silversmith Jeweler) Company Jun 2002 – Duration15 yrs 10 mos - Location Plymouth, Indiana

      Instructor of English & Assistant Speech Coach Aug 1999 – Jun 2008 8 yrs 11 mos Culver Academies

      Education Indiana University Bloomington M.S., B.A. - English and Amercian Literature & Theatre Arts; Half Hollow Hills H.S., Dix Hills, New York




2017 - Feb 26 - Sallie's by the Shore We are very excited to officially announce that S allie's by the Shore will be serving up your favorite scoop at Lake Maxinkuckee in Culver, Ind.!!! ???? We are adding a new location with a store front in the Culver downtown across from the ever popular Cafe Max, and next to the adorable clothing shop, Civvies!

We are excited to meet new faces and are working towards a May Opening Day! The shop will be so fun and so Sallie's! This is also where we will be making our handcrafted ice cream, right on site! Stay tuned for more new and exciting updates with Sallie's by the Shore!


2020 - May 11 - Sallie's by the Shore - SALLIE’S COVID-19 UPDATE: Many of you know, we left our downtown location, with plans to be at the Marina this season. This has been postponed for this season due to COVID restrictions & other planning reasons.

2020 - May 24 - Health 2 the Max - - Smoothie & Juice Bar - Jean & Scott King

OP LOT 32 S27 & N3 OF S 30 / S27' OF LOT 32 HOUGHTONS CIRR & AMENDED PLOT KNOW AS OP