Lake Maxinkuckee Its Intrigue History & Genealogy Culver, Marshall, Indiana

309 S. Plymouth St.



Section 21 History 1835-1922

1908 - John W. Crowley Lot 1 (non lakefront)


1922 - Cromleys Addition Lot 5 & Lot 4 Vacant lots


1924 Sanborn map South Plymouth Street area. 314 S. Plymouth could be the Hampton House. The 1937 Sanborn map showed no visible changes to the area


I called it the "circle or square" for years this had been just a swampy vacant lot During the 1960's this area of South Plymouth Street was prone to consant flooding and these two lots were constantly soggy besides the fronts yard of the 2 small house that were acquired by the cove project and torn down. During a heavy rain storm it would not be unlikely that standing water would be up to the floor board of cars; running down off of Main street.

There were a couple of old big trees in it. The neighborhood people had a path wore across the lots a from the north corner of the property at Madison & the alley to the south corner on Plymouth & Clover.

?? - 1970's 1980's, 1990's - Vacant lots

?-? Ralph E & Barbara A. Winters - Vacant lots

This house formerly sat at 314 S. Plymouth across the street on the lakefront side and in 1964 William Hampton owned it and in the 1961 telphone directory it was listed under Mrs. William Hampton simply as "W Lake Front" and later Charles or William Rhodes purchased the property.

? - Aug. 1998 - Angela Davis

Aug. 1998 - May 1999 - William C. Rhodes

Was displaced by the Cove project it sat across the street this photo shows the then (on the right, lakefront) and now locations ( to the left, non-lakefront)


Working north from Mill Street on the south to the north was the Dickerson property on the corner of Mill & Plymouth now Rhodes, the Hodges property now a vacant lot and the William Hampton property also a vacant lot in 2005; the property outline in blue was the Thomas Medbourn, M. R. Cline; Rhodes propertyand 3 houses sat on it .


Non Lake Front

was displaced by the Cove project it sat across the street The 3rd photo shows the then and now locations

1999,May-2026 - SEMLER JERRY D & Rosemary R. Semler Sep 2003 - 2005 (non-lakefront)




This house formerly sat at 314 S. Plymouth across the street on the lakefront side and in 1964 William Hampton owned it and later Charles or William Rhodes purchased the property.

    DESC: LOT 5 CROMLEYS ADD LEGAL DESC: LOT 5 CROMLEYS ADD
    DESC: CROMLEYS ADD LOT 4 LEGAL DESC: LOT 4 CROMLEYS ADD Vacant Platted lot