1957 - Construction began on the auditorion this was a gift of one million dollars from Eugene C. Eppley '01, the donor's name. The site required the moving
a several Academy-owned houses to the new West Terrace development; which had beed a part of the Dillon farm.
1959 - the North Lodge was razed and the area incorporated with in the Eppley auditorium grounds.
1959 - Dedication of the 1,550 seat Eppley Auditorium provided Culver 's first fully functioning facility for movies, concerts, theater performances, and other fine arts.