Lake Maxinkuckee Its Intrigue History & Genealogy Culver, Marshall, Indiana

Gignilliat Memorial Quadrangle  



A view from the west is Eppley Hall of Science (l), Gignilliat Hall (center), and the Hall of Humanities (r) began in 1956 and was completed in 1958.


Formerly the Eppley Hall of Science - It is a part of the Gignilliat Memorial Quadrangle. Eugene C. Eppley Foundation (Eugene C. Eppley class of 1901) provided the funds for the Science and Humanities Hall.


Eugene C. Eppley 01, responded to the 1954 announcement by the Board of Directors of a campaign to raise funds for a new classroom complex. Impressed with its centerpiece, a proposed Gignilliat Hall, Mr. Eppley pledged $500,000 for the construction of a new science building. With the sale of his hotel empire of twenty four properties and 5,420 rooms in May of 1956 to the Sheraton Corporation for $30 million, Eppley turned to philanthropy and Culver was one of the first recipients. During the next four years, this former C Company commander contributed an additional $700,000 toward the completion of the Gignilliat Quadrangle

Construction on new classroom buildings, Eppley Hall of Science), Gignilliat Hall, and the Hall of Humanities began in 1956 and was completed in 1958 . Weigand Construction of Fort Wayne, Indiana done the renovation project; the brochure promoting the funding of the renovation of Eppley Hall into the Crisp Visual Arts Center Thus it has become the Crisp Visual Arts Center named in honor of the Crisp family - Rosemary Berkel Crisp and Harry L. Crisp II 53 and opened in the fall of 2011.



The building honors General Leigh R Gignilliat.









Today is