110 - 112 N Main Street Upstairs
The History of the building and lot can be found on :
1930 - Aug. 6 - The front of the second story of the K. of P. building has been remodeled, turning the clubrooms into an office
suite, which is now occupied by Dr. C. G. Mackey.
Dr. C. G. Mackey
; 1952 - general practitioner,
1920 - aug. 11 Dr. E. E. Parker, who has practiced in culver for 20 years, has sold
his residence and office to Dr. C. G. Mackey of Whiting, who will take posseion Sept 1
Dr. E. Duane Powers
1920 - Sep. 1 Dr. C. G. Mackey is now in possession of the office and practice of Dr. E. E. Parker
Dr. Frank A. Ikert
Upstairs Dr. Joseph D. Howard - general practitioner Nov. 1961 - May 1963
Dr. Joseph D. Howard has moved his doctor's office from the second floor above the Culver A&P Store to the
Ikirt Clinic Building at 915 Lake Shore Dr.
Landrace office - Gene & Opal Benedict, managers
(it was also located at 108 N. Main St.
) - 1966, Jun-?
1966, May 19 - Named Executive Secretary Off Landrace Assn.
Eugene G. Benedict, Culver, was named Executive Secretary of the American Landrace Association at a special meeting of
the National Board of Directors at Monmouth, Ill., on April 2, 1966.
Mr. Benedict has been a member of the Association since 1955, serving on the Board of Directors from 1957-1964. He also
served the Association as President in 1961-1962.
Mr. and Mrs. Benedict are presently residing in Springfield, Mo., the present location of the National Office.
By June 1st the National Office will be in its new location at 112 1/2 North Main Street, Culver.
The "Landrace" magazine will also be edited at 'the new office and will be published by The Culver Press, Culver.
The American Landrace Association Inc. National Registry was founded in 1950 at Noblesvlle, Ind.
Upstairs Dr. Joseph D. Howard
- general practitioner, 1961 Nov.
Henry Culver Masonic Lodge
Henry H. Culver Lodge No.617) F. & A. M. - A dispensation for the information of this lodge was issued by the grand
master November 10, 1897, in the name of Culver lodge. It worked under that name until the meeting of the grand lodge
May 24, 1898, when a charter was granted and the name changed to Henry H. Culver lodge, and as such it was given number
617. The first officers named in the dispensation and also in the charter were as follows: Samuel C. Loring, master;
John F. Behmer, senior warden, and Foster Groves, Junior warden. The lodge was instituted under charter, by Daniel
McDonald, past grand master, June 8, 1898. The name was given to the lodge in honor of Henry H. Culver, the founder of
Culver Military Academy, on the northeast shore of the lake, and for whom the town of Culver had been named, and for the
further reason he was a member of the Masonic fraternity. Since its organization the following have served as worshipful
masters: Samuel C. Loring, under dispensation, 1897; under charter, 1898 and 1899; Monroe C. McCormick, 1900; Al N.
Bogardus, 1901-1904; Foster Groves, 1902; 0. A. Rhea, 1903; George W. Voreis, 1905, 1906, 1907. The lodge has a total
membership of fifty, and is in every way in a prosperous condition. - "The History of Marshall County, 1908"
At some point in about 1989/1990 the Culver Lodge closed its doors and the members merged with the
Plymouth-Kilwinning Lodge No. 149; as well as the Emily Jane Culver Chapter No. 484 of the Eastern Star..