Lake Maxinkuckee Its Intrigue History & Genealogy Culver, Marshall, Indiana

1766 East Shore Drive - Katydid / King's X  





Section 22 - ? acres
    Nesswagh-ee Reservation


Section 22
    Section 22 Lot 1 - 37.70A; 40
    Section: 22 Lot 2 - 45.45A
    Section 22 Lot 3 - 32.00A
    Section 22 Lot 4 - 35.70A


1872 Plat Map Section 22 Lot 1 - 37.32 - G. Peeples
Lot 2 - 45.45A S & J. W Rector
Lot 3 32A - S. Rctor
S & J W Rector - 40A A Smith - 80A 3.90A - A W B
.97? - D J
159A - J. C. Miles a part in Sec. 23-
A Bartholomew 35.70A


1876 Plat Map Section 22
    J C Miles - 158A


1880 Plat Map Section 22 Platted cottage lots
G. Peeples 35.5A Rector & Thomas 85A & 32A H. B. Scott 34.50A [ Hartwell Bryan Scott]


1898


1898 - T. D. Buck ?

1900


1898


1908


1908 - Buck

1922


1917 - Aug 22 - Helen Nowell of Cleveland is at the Saber cottage for two weeks

1920 - - Jul 28 - Dr. Sarber Family of Argos came last Thursday to spend the remainder of the season in the spacious new summer home which the doctor has built south of the Richard Edwards place. While it is to be called the "Katydid", it is not entirely completed, all of the essentials are there... 1922 - W. K. Sarber

1930 - Sarber, W. C. [Dr. Wallace C. Sarber]

1935 - Jun 12 - Fire Damages Two Cottages
    ... Dr. W. C. Sarber

    Defective wiriing in the garage, it is reported, may have bee the caus of the fire Thursday in Dr. Sarber's cottage, "King's X" The roof and rear part of the building were damaged by the flames and furniture in the upstairs was destroyed or damaged.

    The total loss is estimated at around $1,500; most of which is covered by insurance.

    Mrs. Louis Stone, Sr. Sarber's daughter, had been supevising work on the cottage gettinf it ready for the summer season and had left about an hour before the blaze was noticed by a passing motorist who called aid from the yard man of the Shanebergers on the nothe, who in turn called the fire department.

    Neighbors held the flames in check until fthe fire department arrives and put out the fire, using water pumped from the lake in addition tot he 500 gallons carried on the truck


1952-61 - Maj. L. L. Stone [Capt Louis Joseph Stone]
    Julie wrote of the Hendricks cottage cottage: We are 2 doors down [from the Haycon Club]. The one house between ours and the Balls used to the Sarbers (then was Lou and Mary Stone, whom I remember so well


1979 - Jim James

Dec 1986 - Joseph S. & Wallace C. Stone
    by obit are two grandsons Joe and Wallace stone all of Argos.



1981 - Apr. 1988 - Richard A & Clair A. Heise
    The garage was converted to a house/garage & open porch. The main cottage was remodeled in 1987 also. David Burns done the stone walls, side walks and the sea wall at this cottage just after Heise's bought it. There used to be a very large square double walled stone square planter that sat at south end of the driveway near the driveway entrance of E. Shore Dr. but from what I can see it no longer exists.


Apr. 1988 -? - Richard A & Clair A. Heise

1991-1993 - Richard Heise

2004, Jun. Lake Maxinkuckee Trust, R. A. Heise

2007, Nov. - Clair A. Heise

2007, Nov. Lake Maxinkuckee Trust, R. A. Heise, Clair A. Heise

Jun 2004 - 2015 - Clair A. Heise / Culver House LLC

    Culver House LLC
    COM 270' E & 645' N 70D E SW COR LOT4
    PRT LOT 4 COM AT NE COR OF A PRT OF SD LOT SOLD BY HARTWELL B SCOTT & C MITCHELL TH RUNNING NW 100 TH WESTLY 180'







Today is