Lake Maxinkuckee Its Intrigue History & Genealogy Culver, Marshall, Indiana

206 - 218 S. Main  

These to lots has had a range of addresses from 206 S Main to 218 S. Main over the years, The early census records do have house/building numbers till 1930 which is sparse and 1940.

Lot to north

?- 1901, sep Than Gandy dwelling

1901, sep -? Monton Foss dwelling
    Jess Crabb sold the Main Street residence property formerly owned by Mont. Foss to John Osborn for $1,000. Mr. Osborn's buick automobile was taken in part payment.

    Buys Business Property
      A. M. Roberts has bought the South Main Street property formerly owned and occupied by Mont Foss and more recently owned by John Osborn, and will move in this week. The lot is 66x99, and the dwelling is a story and a half, five rooms. The consideration was S1,500. Mr. Roberts will at once begin the construction oa s shop, 14x30 for his plumbing business, along side the house. - Sep 1, 1911.

1906 - Dwelling

1914 - Dwelling

1924 - Dwelling

1937 - Dwelling

It is possibly here that Helen Timmons had her beauty salon and dress shop until it was razed.
    1937 - September 1 8 Rebecca Jones and Helen Calhoun buy dress shop of Mrs. M. C. Dimmick and move to Helen's Beauty Shop.

    1947 April 9 - Mrs. William Herrmann has purchased Helen's Beauty Shop.

    ? 1958 - January 8 - Eileen's Dress Shop goes out of business'

    dwelling with beauty shop 1950's? 1960's

    I can rememeber vaguely the small house that sat next door to the north here. It had a side proch which was enclosed and it and blue-grey asphalt type siding on it. it was razed sometime in the 1960's probably by Doty's or the Riccardi's for a parking lot - since it is now attached to that property as a parking lot area .


218 S. Main St. aka 208 S. Main St.

1906 - Vacant lot

1906-1914 - Built some time in between

1914 - Plumbing / Clifford Waite Plumbing Shop - 1914

Home Grocery Wm. McClane 1916-20

1924 - Store

1937 - Store

1960-1961 - Talley James E 214 S Main

?-1945-1964-? - 214 S. Main - Jim's Electeric Service ('Jim' James E Talley 1903-1976)

?-1974-1978 - 218 S Main - Isobels Beauty & Wig Salon

1976-1977 - Howell Anna Mae (214 S Main - Apartment)

197_-1978 - Carla Jean's Beauty Salon

1979 Jul - 1980-? Pizza King.
    New Pizza King Now Open
    Culver - Bob Morgan and Connie Sprague, owners of the new Pizza King at 218 S. Main, Culver, are being kept busy serving one of America's favorite dishes - pizza. They also have sandwiches, subs, stroms. Texas BBQ, Coney and others,along with the Pizza King salad.

    The franchise which operates out of Lafayette features seating spaces at the Culver location for approximately thirty. You may dine In, carry out, or delivery is also available.

    They open at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday and are closed Mondays. To phone in orders call 842-3001. Prices range from $2.25 to $7.60 and the sandwich price range is from $1.15 to $2.75. Bob reports besides the regular ingredients for pizza, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, ham, bacon have Coney dog and Taco pizza.

    When parki g spaces are not available in front of the business. Dr. F. L. Babcock has told the couple that people may use the parking lot adjacent to his business across the street when he does not have office hours.

    We wish Bob and Connie good luck in their new enterprise. - July 5, 1979

Culver - Connie Sprague is shown in front of the new- Pizza King on South Main in Culver She and Bob Morgan opened the restaurant for business last Tuesday
2 Jul. 1985 - Family Vison Clinic Main Francis L. Babcock, Optomertrist - (he owned building till Mar. 2006)   - moved office from 203 S. Main (218 S. Main)

? - Family Vison Clinic - Mark Couts

Mar 2006 - 2010 - Culver Lodging Realty - Charles G. & Virginia B. Munroe   (218 S. Main ) - the sign has come down in 2018-2019 - tho website seems to still be active

2018 - Comming soon Sumits Hot Yoga -

2019 - Charles G & Virginia B Monroe - lostt of remodeling has occured within the last year.

2020 - Legacy Salon & Spa - owener - Angie Maroules

    Moved from 214 N Main . "The Lakes" magazine says Angie Maroules is now the owner of the building; she bought Michelle's Headquarters on Jan 1, 2018 and re-named it "Legacy Salon & Spa "

2020 - Renew Massage & Wellness - Gina Bachmeir & Rachael Surfus


Today is