304 E. Jefferson
vacant - 1906 - reference Sanborn map
Dwelling - 1914-1937 - reference Sanborn map
Culver City Ice. Co. Russell & Esther B. Mc Farland, 32 years
1942 Jan 28 - McFaland Builds New Ice House Next to Home
Russell McFarland has completed a new ice house on East Jefferson St. next to his home
where he has headquarters for the Culver City Ice Co.
He has purchased the Medbourn Ice Co. and is now serving all the customers formerly
handled by that firm.
1960 - Culver City Ice 304 E Jeff
1967 - Oct 12 - RETIRES AFTER 32 YEARS IN ICE BUSINESS
Mrs. Russell McFarland has retired after 32 years of handling ice in the Culver vicinity.
Mr. and Mrs. McFarland moved to the former McClane property in May, 1934, and began the retail sale of ice for the late Harry
Medbourn. In 1940 the McFarlands built a refrigerated ice house across the street, next to their home. There they managed
a little store and raised and sold fishing bait along with the ice business.
In 1963, Mr. McFarland died, but his wife continued with the business until 1966, at which time health conditions forced
her to retire. Another hobby of Mrs. McFarland's was making noodles, which she sold to the public.
Mrs. McFarland now makes her home in Plymouth at 722 West Garro Street and she comments that she still makes good
1960's - 1990's the William and Nita Wieringa Family lived here
When this was bought up first by the cove project in the late 1980's or early 1990's they moved to
where the Little Gallery was once housed on
211 E. Washington street
Lot 15 F. B. Harris Addtion.