404 Lake Shore Drive -
||Section 16 - 500.90A 1835 Original Survey|
|Section 16 c. 1837 500.90A (North shore town and academy)
||1872 - Section. 16
Est. of I N Morris 105 A ( also 80 A)
J. Duddleson - 30.60A & 10A
T. Houghton 90A.
J. HOughton Acreage not stated
J ___ name illegible 4A
G. A. Durr 10A
Lot no name no acreage stated
G. A. Durr 5A? - res (Lot 2 3A & 3A)
Dr. Durr No amount Stated lots as if to be 2 large
L D W [Lorenzo W. Wiseman]
|1876 - J. Castleman - 190A
1876 Section 16
||1880 North Section 16 - 500.90 Acres Town
I N Morris 185.34
B. W. Watt 15.50A
LakeView Club 15A
J Duddleson 109.31A
Tho. Houghton 90A.
J. E. Houghton 19.60A
E Parker 27 A
From the Logansport Daily Journal page 3 dated Aug. 27, 1882:
All the preliminaries for the extension of the Logansport branch of the
to Lake Michigan have been satisfactorily adjusted, and upon compliiance with a few
easy conditions the contact will be closed, and the work will be commenced and
pushed to completion.
Readers of the Journal are familiar with the route of this line to Marmont (Maxinkuckee),
and will have no difficulty in following it to South Bend and the lake...
With these advantages before them, our citizens are asked to consider one of the
conditions above named, which condition is that the right of way shall be furnished
free to the new line thorugh our county. The estimated cost of this right of way is
from $7,000 to $10,000 and it is proposed to raise the amount by subscription. A
consideraable portion of this subscription has already been secured, and a committee
appointed for that purpose will make an effort to raise the remainder during the
1883 - Oct 6 - The Vandaiia railroad company commenced laying iron at Marmount a d
ay or two ago, and-withln a short time the tract will be completed from Maxinkuckee
lake to the Nickle Plate railroad, a distance of about three miles,- Logansport Pharos
?- 1897, May 29 - Anton Mayer
and Sophie Mayer; 1935 - from From One Township yesterdays -
In the year 1897, the first Catholic Church in the township was built in the village of Culver,
The edifice stood on a lot at the northeast corner of Lakeview Street and Lake Shore Drive,
where Carl Adams now lives....
The church was built on lot number 12 in the Vandalia Addition to the town of Uniontown.
The property was conveyed, by warranty deed, by Anton Mayer and Sophie Mayer, his wife, of
Vigo County, Indiana, to Right Reverend Joseph Rademacher, Bishop of the diocese of Fort
Wayne, May 39, 1897.
| 1897, May 29 -
Right Reverend Joseph Rademacher, Bishop of the
diocese of Fort Wayne
St Marys Cathloic Church
The Bishop willed all his property to Right Reverend Henry Joseph Richter,
Bishop of Grand Rapids, Mich., to the Rt. Rev. Ignatius Frederick Horstmann,
Bishop of Cleveland, Ohio, and the Very Rev. Joseph H. Brammer, Fort Wayne,
Ind., "to have and to hold in trust for the benefit of the Roman Catholic Diocese
of Fort Wayne."
Of these three trustees, Father Brammer later died. The
Right Rev. Herman J.
Alerding succeeded Father Rademacher as Bishop (Fort Wayne), who transferred
the lot to Edward J. Bergman, of Marshall County, on January 23, 1912
|1898 - Section 16
||1900 - Evermans' Biological Survey|
|1906 - Sanborn map shows Lot 12 of Vandalia addition as being bare
1912 - Feb. 1 E. J. Bergman has purchased the old Catholic church lot on Scott St.
for $5 00. It is 63x126
1912 - Apr 25 - Al Keen has staked off the ground for Ed Berfman's residence on the old Catholic
chyrch lot. The building will be 28x30, two storied and will contain eight rooms. Mr. Bergman has
abandoned his former plan of building a tailoring and cleaning shop.
1912, Aug 1912 - Edward J. Bergman in August, 1912, erected a dwelling house
1912 - Oct 12 - Ed Berman moved into his new house last week. It is a neat and convenient home,
supplied with city water, acetelyne gas and furnance heat.
1913 - May 22 - Ed Bergman is having his 8 foot cement porch extended around of the west side
of the residenc. It will be a handsom improvement. He expects to also lay a walk along the west
|1914 - Sanborn map shows a dewelling on Lot 12 of Vandalia addition - tho it has been claimed the
those was built in 1920. With only a front porch
1915 - Jun 3 - Ed Bergman and Billy Link have had soft mapled set out around their lots during the
past week. The trees range from one to two inches in diameter and from eight to twenty feet
1920 - Jun 9 - The Bergman residence occupied by S. J. Lenon was last week sold to S. C. Shilling for $4300.
This is another bargain purchase. Mr. Shilling secured this property for the newlyweds,
Mr. and Mrs. Carl Adams
Mr. Lenon will be allowed to retain posession this summer.
||1922 - tho no house icon appeaars on this map we - know it existed by the 1914 Sanborn map.|
|1924 - Sanborn map shows a dewelling on Lot 12 of Vandalia addition -
With a wrap around porch
|1930 - With just a couple of house mumbers given it is hard to determine just who resided
here - tho Carl O Adams is listed but having no house number
|1940 - April 18 - Culver - town; Ward 1 By census record Carl O. Adams;
his wife Margaret and sons Carl Jr. and Frederic E. lived here
1954 - the Adams moved into their newly built home on the
520 South shore
of Lake Maxinkuckee.
?-1962 - Eugene W Riester
|19__ -2017, Jun - Eugene W & Katherine Riester
2017, Jun - 2017, Sep - Riester Enterprises LLC
2017, Sep - Phillip Marquell
VANDALIA ADD LOT 12