670 W. Shore Dr.
||In the lower right you can barely see the train tracks, the Arlington depot is the small building
on the right - the Arlington hotel partially hidden
by the shade trees around it - and the S.S. McSheehy docked at the hotel pier. Long Point in the back ground -
and the road in front looks no more than just a pathway. across from the Arlington depot is athe approxmate
location of where the West Shore Marina
was located. |
1909 - Aug 5 - Arlington Boat House - Capt Knapp expects to have a boat house built this fall
for the new launch Mildred. It will be 40x20 feet in size, with four or five sleeping rooms in the
second story and will cost about $800.
1920 - Jul 28 - S. E. Allen has bought the lot on which the Arlington hotel formerly stood. The Allen boys
have been removing the dead trees and cleaning up the lot, to the improvment of the neighborhood.
1953-79 - James B. and Mary (Church) Allen
This was the old boathouse, once a part of the Arlington Hotel complex on Long Point. It was the former boat
storage and servants quarters for the Arlington Hotel .
The cottage now has a large glass window overlooking the lake on the lower level. Originally there were two
large doors to allow a boat to be pulled in on the sand floor and moored to a piece of railroad track.
This part of the house is now the kitchen.
1958 Lake Directory - James B. Allen - 670 West Shore Drive. Culver.
1981-1989 - Mrs. James B. (Mary Church) Allen
1991-Jun 1993 - J. B. Allen Estate/Mary Allen
Jun 1993 - Apr. 2007 - Emily A. King &
Cynthia D. Allen
Apr. 2007 - 2012,,Dec - Elizabeth L Cappas Trust
||2012,Dec-2015 - Willow Tree Trust
LOT 25 S LONG PT SUB
BEG 365' SOUTH ALG MEANDER LN LAKE FROM LOT 1 GREENS PLAT TH S69-24-37E 5.78'
TO W LN SHORE TH S6-46-24W 46.71' TH S48-50-05W 9.07' ETC