Joseph D. Howard, M.D
1961 Nov 8 - Joseph Howard To Open Medical Office Here
Joseph D. Howard, M.D., will open an office in Culver next week at 114 N. Main St., in the former office of Dr. C. G. Mackey.
Dr. Howard, who is originally from Hartford, Conn., received his pre-medical training at the University of Chicago where he
was a member of Phi Kappa Psi and earned his B.A. degree in 1956. He then attended Kansas University Medical School, receiving
his M.D. degree in June, 1960, following which he served his internship at Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Ind., from I960 to 1961.
Dr. Howard was engaged in private practise in general medicine at Hamilton, Ind., prior to coming to Culver .
He is married to the former Marilyn K. Miller of Logansport who is a graduate of the Michael Reese Hospital School of Nursing
at Chicago. Mrs. Howard is a member of the Logansport chapter of Kappa Kappa Kappa sorority.
The Howards have a four-yearold son, Daniel, and they are residing at the Fred Hizer cottage at 760 West Shore Drive, Culver .
They are members of St. Mary's of the Lake Church.
THE PHAROS-TRIBUNE & PRESS
Friday Evening, November 8,1970
The public is invited to an "Open House" at the Howard Clinic Sunday from 1 to 6 p.m., it was announced today by Dr.
Joseph Howard... The clinic, which was started by Dr. Howard Sept. 10, 1968,...The Howard Clinic became a
professional organization June 1, 1969...
|1980 - Howard Clinic - 1354 Country Club Rd Gulf Breeze, FL
Medical Education: Kansas University School of Medicine
Fellowship: Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians
Board Certifications: Family Practice, Geriatrics
Marilyn (Miller) Howard
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner at Howard Clinic Gulf Breeze, Florida
- Education: Indiana University Bloomington
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner 1972, followed by a B.S. in nursing in 1972
- Born in Logansport Indiana
- Foyvelle Kiesling, mother
- Donald Miller,MD father
- Lewis Craig Miller, brother
- College 1950 Indiana University: goal, boys and Spanish Teacher, 1 year. Accomplished neither
- Michael Reese Hospital 1951-1954 Three year program, one month off a year.
- Met Hartford big city boy, me a little farm girl. Married in October, 1954.
- Spent next 6 years working in various places :
- Industrial nurse Chicago Title and Trust,
- Lawrence Kansas as Med Surg nurse one year,
- Private Duty Nurse in Kansas City for three years while Joe, my husband was at the Medical School in 1956.
- And on to Indiana for 10 years, Culver and Logansport where we ran a 6 man clinic
- Among the first to graduate as ARNP, (Nurse Practitioner) from Indiana University Medical Center, Reginstreif Institute in 1972 and Purdue University with a B.S. and Nursing.
- To Florida in 1978 to work for Pensacola Educational Program and be the Clinic Manager for the residency program: Dr. Howard was the Director.
- 1980 to Gulf Breeze in practice with Joseph Howard, MD and Mary Ellen Neal, ARNP. Still working at 1354 Country Club Road hopefully until collected for the heavenly choir.