Lake Maxinkuckee Its Intrigue History & Genealogy Culver, Marshall, Indiana

Van Schoiack Farm - Subdivisions  



Section 27 - 264.35 acres - Aub-be-naub-ee's Reservation


Section 27
    Section 27 Lot 1 - 49.70A
    Section 27 Lot 2 - 34.31A
    Sect 27 Lot 3 _.31A
    Section 27 Lot 4 - 40A



James F. D. Lanier of Jefferson county, Indiana on 30 June 1837 was issued the certificate #7339 the East half of Section twenty; Fractional Section of Twenty One; Fractional Section of Twenty Seven and Fractional section of Twenty eight containing 793 32/100 acres.

1863 - L. T. Van Shoiack [Louden T. Van Shoiak]



1872 - L. T. Van Shoiack [ Louden T. Van Shoiak] 49.70 + 60.10 + 120 = 229.80


The Lake View Club was the first club house built on the lake by men from Plymouth; it is was the Mc Quat Cottage on the east side, address being 2008 East Shore Dr. Being built in 1873 and has been razed and replaced with a new modern and larger cottage; located on the east bank of Lake Maxinkuckee on the Louden T. Van Shoiack farm.
    Attention was first attracted to the lake as a summer resort by the erection of a clubhouse by a few residents of Plymouth on the east shore of the lake on grounds leased of L. T. Vanschoiack. the same now being owned by Mrs. McOuat, of Indianapolis.

    This was in 1875. The lease was to run five years. The club house was a story and a half frame building, with sleeping apartments above, and parlor, dining room and kitchen below. It became quite a popular place of resort, and many times during the hot summer months as many as fifty persons were entertained at one time. The officers of the club were Joseph Westervelt, president; William W. Hill, treasurer, and C. H. Reeve, secretary. -History of Marshall County Indiana (1908) Daniel Mc Donald pg. 99


1876 - L. T. Van Shoiack [Louden T. Van Shoiak] 105.80+120=205.80


1880 - L. T. Van Shoiack [Louden T. Van Shoiak] 105.80. The Van Schoiack Farmhouse is incorporated in the Miller cottage.


Part of the Van Schoiack farm was subdivided as Sea Beach Place Subdivision (1898)


1900 Biological Survey Map


1908 - Unnamed Sub-parcel, Lots 1 & 2 on east side of St. Rd. 117 - Lovina Walker Etal 103.44 Acres
    This shows the 'tie marks that indicates that these lots and Lots. 1 & 2 listed below as well as Lot 1 of VanShoiaks's subdivision are all a part of the Lovina Walker Etal. holdings This runs from the Jamison & Judah, S. L. Purcell properties to the end of the J. A. Maxwell
1908 - 2 Lots - Wm. Van Shoiack - non lake property
J. A. Maxwell
Van Schoiack's Subdivision
    Lot 1 - Lovina Walker Etal & Lot 1
Van Shoiacks/VanShoiack Large Unplated Lake Front
2296 East Shore dr. Wm. Daggett
C. E. Daggett


1909 - Aug 12 - Peter Spangler has the job of moving all the buildings back off the lake front of the Van Schoiack place except the house. The ground will then be laid off into lots sor sale.

1909, Sep 16 - The VanSchoiacks have strightened the road back of the old home place and Peter Spangler has commenced to move the buildings over on to the farm land.

This is map is given as being 1898 BUT I believe because of the section of the Vanschoik property it is a MUCH LATER date at least AFTER 1908 as the farm land is labeled J. T. Vanshoiak; and the lake front property has been sub-divided off and sold By this a J. T. Vanshoiak had: 45.70 +59.98 +80.00 = 185.68 in 1911 the Vanschoiak farm of 207 was to be sold a 21.32 is unaccounted for for is the Vanschoiak subdivisions/additions to the lake


1911 - Sep 7 - The Van Schoiack farm of 207 acres is to be sold on Sept. 16 in whole or in parcels. The property includes 24 lake fronts lots.

1912 - The Van Schoiack 80 at the southeast end of the lake has been sold to a Chicago man. The owner, Mr. Vaughn of Logansport, reserves two 100 foot lots on the lake. The purchase price is not known.

1922




Van Shoaick's 2nd Addition

Van Schoiack's Subdivision -

Van Schoiack's Subdivision No. 3

1907 - Feb 21 - Mary Dresser to WM. Wallace pt lot 6 VanSchoiacks subd. 27- 32-1 $250

1907- Feb 21 - Mary Smart to Wm. Wallace sh lot 6 VanSchoiacks subd. 27- 32-1 $500

1923 - Apr 4 - For Rent At Lake Maxinkuckee, house and grounds with lots or fruit and orachard, for the summer or by the year. Six (6) acres goes with the place if wanted can be had without. Place known as VanShoiack place on east side of lake. See Frank Gompf opp. place or write owner, M. G. HIll Plymouth Mich.

1935 - Sep 25 - Howrd C Jenkins to Addison and Maire Jenkins, tract in Van Schoiack's Sub/ W.D. $1.00






Today is